Our Mission Statement
The mission of the Knutson Memorial Library is to provide quality materials and services which fulfill the educational, informational, cultural and recreational needs of the entire community in an atmosphere that is welcoming, respectful, and business-like.
Knutson Memorial Library Goals
- To serve all residents of the community and the surrounding region.
- To acquire and make available to all residents of the above area such books, periodicals, pamphlets, and other services as will address their needs to:
- become well informed
- locate answers to important questions
- cultivate the imagination and creative expression
- develop skills for career and vocational advancement
- enjoy leisure by means of reading and other media services
- To acquire the means to provide the most frequently requested material locally and upon demand.
- To maintain a program of service which locates information, guides reading, organizes and interprets material for people of various backgrounds, and stimulates thinking and intellectual development in individuals of any age.
- To strive consistently to discover new methods and improvements for better service for the library’s customers.
The library will serve all residents of the community and the public library system area.Service will not be denied or abridged because of religious, racial, social, economic, or political status; or because of mental, emotional, or physical condition; age; or sexual orientation.
The use of the library may be denied for due cause.Such cause may be failure to return library materials or to pay penalties, destruction of library property, disturbance of other patrons, or any other illegal, disruptive, or objectionable conduct on library premises.
Library Board Members
Our board is administered by all volunteers.
There are many other ways to volunteer for the library.