Earn "Bucks" for Dax!
For every 4 books a child reads at their reading level (pre-readers can be read to), they will earn one K-9 Buck which will go on the reading graph in the library as well as a small prize to keep.
The K-9 Bucks aren’t real money that you can spend, but at the end of summer the library Friends will donate an equal amount of real money to the Vernon County K-9 Unit to help keep Dax happy and healthy.
Vernon County K9 Unit - Dax
Program is June 7th–August 16th
The program begins June 7th and continues until August 16th which will give you lots of time to earn “Bucks”; the top three readers will receive a special prize and everyone who participated will receive a “thank-you” certificate.
Choose Your Challenge
Log your reading and earn badges and rewards all while giving your child a head start in school! This challenge continues until you enter Kindergarten.
This summer’s reading program is all about using your imagination!
Dive into those books about myths and fairy tales; about heroes and daring deeds. Log your time spent reading and along the way try some fun activities – you will earn badges; some of them with a prize.
If you complete the WHOLE challenge, you will win an extra special, super-duper book of your choice!
Reading for fun increases the chances for success in college- just think how smart you will be after you’ve read 100 books (and think how much fun you’ll have while you are reading)!
Take as long as you need to complete the challenge; earn badges at mileposts along the way to mark your progress.
Everyone who registers will be included in each bi-monthly drawing; every time you earn a badge, your name will be added again.
Beanstack is the library's web-based summer reading software. It allows you to track your minutes and activities, notifies you when you've won a prize, and lets you know about upcoming events at the library.
- Go to coonvalley.beanstack.org
- Click on the blue "Register an Individual or Family" button
- Fill in the information. If you are a parent registering a child, be sure to enter your information under "Adult Information". Beanstack allows families to be linked together, so that all members can be accessed under one login.
- Once you are registered,you will be taken to your account page. This is where you will log your minutes or books and activities and track the badges you earn!
- Go to coonvalley.beanstack.org or download the Beanstack Tracker app for Android and iPhone!
- Click on the blue "Log Reading and Activities" button in the upper left corner or on the blue plus sign in the app.
- Follow the prompts on the screen to log what you've accomplished.
- When you hit a reading landmark, you will receive a badge and may be eligible to win a prize!
Tails & Tales Bingo for Teens & Adults
Teens and adults can participate in “Book Bingo” at the library. To enter, stop by the library for a bingo card; complete a horizontal, vertical, or diagonal line to be entered into a drawing for a gift card to a local business. If you complete a “blackout” and turn in your card, you’ll be entered into a drawing for a grand prize!
Book Bingo begins June 7th and ends September 3rd.
Only one card per person; readers are on their honor to actually read the books, but you may be asked a random question about your reading when you return your card.
If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to contact us!