The library is lucky to have an enthusiastic group of Friends who volunteer to do everything from weeding flowerbeds, walking in parades, providing refreshments & helping out at events, and manning the Vernon County Libraries’ fair booth, to coming up with creative ways of fundraising to support special projects, including holding an annual Book & Bake Sale every fall. All of the dollars raised are used to fund special programs, or provide “extra” materials and equipment which the library could not otherwise afford.
One of the biggest programs the Friends of KML support is the annual summer “Vernon County Reads”; this is a collaborative effort among the seven Vernon County libraries to bring a single well-known author to the area for an event and book signing. Past authors have been William Kent Krueger and Kathleen Ernst. This year, we will be collaborating with the Driftless Writing Center to bring Wisconsin author Jane Hamilton to the area.
Why should I become a friend?
- Support children, young adult and adult reading programs.
- Meet others who love books and the library as much as you do.
- Participate in Friends activities and find out what is going on in the library world.
- Be part of Knutson Memorial Library’s vision for the future.
- Your efforts are needed and will be greatly appreciated by all who love the library!